Sunday, October 27, 2013

My new endeavour

I haven't done a blog post for AGES due to laziness and overwork but I thought I would say a little something about my new hobby.  A series of events led to me discovering the wonders of Polymer clay.  A long, long time ago my dream was to be a potter.  I had my own studio, wheel,  kiln etc. but being a potter is HARD.  It takes years of practise and a lot of talent to become successful, and at it's worst it's cold, dirty and frustrating.  So I haven't done pottery in many years.  But polymer clay is a whole different story. You can sit and watch TV in the warm and do it, it takes 30 minutes in the oven as opposed to hours in a kiln.  Your wares come out looking just the same as they went in, not warped and cracked and miscoloured.  Ok so it doesn't have the gravitas of ceramics but it's FUN and stress relieving and I have been indulging in so much stress relief that I have a glut of little monsters that I have nick-named 'Monjoo'  and they are now for sale on Etsy ... here's a few of the little critters:


If you want to see the growing family - go here https://www.etsy.com/shop/studioanjou

No comments:

Post a Comment